People living in Bury can now access urgent medical advice online at: www.111.nhs.uk
This new, free service provides health advice and signposting to urgent care services online, as a convenient digital alternative to using the NHS 111 telephone helpline.
After asking you to enter your postcode and symptoms, it will give you tailored advice on how to manage them, and/or generate a call back from a healthcare professional, if required.
How it works?
You will answer questions about your symptoms on the website, or by speaking to a fully trained adviser on the phone.
You can ask for a translator if you need one.
Depending on the situation you will:
- find out what local service can help you
- be connected to a nurse, emergency dentist, pharmacist or GP
- get a face-to-face appointment if you need one
- be given an arrival time if you need to go to A&E – this might mean you spend less time in A&E
- be told how to get any medicine you need
- get self-care advice